Friday, December 14, 2007

More drama

Seriously, can I just get a break?

Last night after work we decided to go out to eat after we picked up the girls from daycare. We have been eating most meals at the hotel since going out to eat with the two monkeys (especially the drama queen) is not fun. DQ was not feeling well - her preschool teacher said she had about 100 degree temperature most of the afternoon, but we decided to go anyway. DQ didn't eat a bite and spent most of of the meal on my lap crying. Trust me - I am not on vacation here.

Obviously I was a little frazzled at this point, but I got the princess excited to go swimming when we got back to the hotel. The King dropped us off and then he went our home to get some work done. The girls and I went upstairs to our room, put in the key and the door would not open. I had my arms full of stuff, so I put everything down and tried again. The green light on the door turned on, but I could only jiggle the door. I gathered my stuff and the kids back up and we went downstairs to the front desk. There is only one person at the counter and another couple was checking in. They must have been the parents of a bride that was having their reception at the hotel this weekend and they are asking a million of questions. My kids get board waiting and start to terrorize the lobby. They knock over the wet floor caution signs, take stuff off the Christmas tree and start jumping down the stairs to see how many steps they can jump without killing themselves. So I step out of line for just a second to get them under control. As I step out of line another person walks into the lobby and gets behind the couple trying to check in. At this point, I am extremely annoyed. Then the princess calls to me:

Mom, DQ pee-ed her pants.

So I am locked out of my room, my two year old now has wet pants, I don't have a cell phone to call the King to come back with clean clothes and someone just got in line in front of me. I gave everyone in the lobby a dirty look, but it didn't do me any good.

I finally get to the counter and explained to the guy what is going on. He reprograms my key and told me to try again. I was pretty sure this would not work, but I went ahead and tried it. I gathered my stuff and kids again and went back upstairs. DQ at this point is walking bull-legged down the hall at an extremely slow pace. I try the key and of course it does not work. We went back downstairs and the clerk decided to try his key to see if he could open it. Again, I tried to explain that it wouldn't work, but he insisted on trying. We all went back upstairs and failed again. He finally called the manager to see what needs to be done. At this point I made him give me his phone to call the king for clothes for DQ since I assumed this was going to be a long process. We sat down in the hallway and waited. Of course everyone who walked down the hall wanted to know why a mom and two young kids were sitting in the hallway of their hotel.

The manager finally came and tried her key. Surprise, surprise... it didn't work. She offered us to go eat at the restaurant while we waited. I told her we had already eaten and my kid had wet her pants because of all the wait. I just need to get into my room! She opened up a room down the hall so we didn't have to sit in the hallway.

The King shows up just as they get the door open (the door was caught on a screw inside the door frame). As he walks by all he sees is that there is someone else in our suite and that we are in a single bed room. He flips out before I have a chance to explain and starts running down to the manager's desk to find out where our stuff is. I did end up catching him before he made a scene.

At this point I was finished for the day. No swimming tonight. I put a movie in for the girls and vegged out on the couch the rest of the night.

No comments: