Monday, July 16, 2007

Thank You

Dear Brother –
I just wanted to send you a thank you note for the wonderful birthday dinner you cooked for me yesterday. The food was fabulous and we all had a good time laughing at the fact DQ could eat a cob of sweet corn faster than any adult. After all the years of you not even recognizing I had a birthday, this was a really nice gesture.

It was also very thoughtful that you helped DQ with her present for me. This morning after breakfast, I went downstairs to do a load of laundry. Like usual, she started to follow me down the stairs. About half way down, she said “yuck”. I went to see what she was talking about and saw a brown skid mark with corn kernels going down 3 of the steps. That’s right... She FILLED her diaper with corn and then slid down the stairs leaving a trail for me to clean up. What a great birthday present. The best part is –this was just minutes before I had to leave for work. Needless to say, I was over 15 minutes late because I had to clean the kid and then carpet.

Happy Birthday to me…
Your Royal Highness

No comments: