Monday, July 9, 2007

An apology letter

Dear Neighbors -

Please accept my apology for the what you saw in front of our house last Saturday evening. It started out very innocent. It was super hot outside all day so the girls decided to take a dip in the pool to cool off before bed. Princess begged me to put on my swimsuit and swim with them. I reluctantly agreed, thinking I would just sit down in the pool and no one would see me. Like I said - it was hot outside and I thought it would feel good.

The girls started playing with their little squirt guns and shooting the King (who was not in his swim suit). The king got a hold of one of them and started squirting me in the face repeatedly. I was getting a little annoyed so I started splashing him. He finally disappeared and left the girls and I in peace. A few minutes later he appeared with the Super Soaker XXL 5000. I have no idea where he dug this gun out of, but he found it somewhere in our house. Our little baby squirt guns were no match for this beast.

What happened next is when things became out of control. We were all running around the yard ith buckets and squirt guns trying to soak each other. I know we live in a nice neighborhood and no one wants to see an overweight mom run around the house in a swim suit, but it happened. Luckily I finally came to my senses when one of you actually stopped your vehicle in front of our house to watch the show.

Again, I doapologize, but I can't guarantee it won't happen again... We had a lot of fun :)

Sincerely,
The Royal Highness

2 comments:

Heidi @ Trendy Dollar said...

The people probably stopped to look because they thought, "Awwww...what a nice family moment." Unfortunately too many families stayed locked up in their house watching television and not spending quality time with their kids. I salute you, "front yard swimsuit lady"! Fun memories for your family!

Anonymous said...

My question is... where are the pictures for this story?!!!!!