Sunday, June 24, 2007

Restaurant Meme

My first meme!

Green3 obviously thought I was going to be bored on my weekend without kids and tagged me for a meme. Here are the rules.

  1. Link to name of person that tagged you.

  2. Include state and country you live in.

  3. List top 5 favorite local restaurants

  4. Tag 5 other people and let them know they've been tagged.

I am from Iowa. If you don't know what country that is in, look it up.


Since Green3 listed a few of my favorite Ames restaurants, I will expand out into the Des Moines area also.


1. Buzzard Billy's. This is the King and I's favorite restaurant. We go there for each of our birthdays. We love spicy food and I don't know anywhere else in the area that you can get cajun food. We always get the armadillo eggs as an appetizer and I get the Chicken Czarina for my meal.


2. Carlos O'Kelly's - I could make a meal on the chips and salsa alone.


3. Pita Pit - When I want to eat healthy and fast, this is my first choice. Tons of veggies and meats stuffed into a pita bread...yum.


4. Great Plains Sauce & Dough Co - Great Plains has the best pizza in Ames. The ultra thick crust is to die for (if the pound of cheese doesn't kill you first). The lunch deal is a bargain at $1.50 a slice.


5. Wallaby's Bar and Grill - This is hands down the best sports bar and grill restaurant in town. I have never had a meal there I didn't like.

So now I am supposed to tag 5 others... unfortunately I have no other blog friends so I am going to skip this. If you are one of the lurkers (a.k.a my family) that read this blog, post your favorites in the comments.

No comments: