Thursday, June 14, 2007

Pink cupcakes



It is Princess's last day at her preschool tomorrow so I told her we could bring treats. When I asked her what she wanted to bring she replied "Pink Cupcakes." So I looked through my cookbooks and found a recipe for Strawberry Cake.


Strawberry Cake
10 oz package frozen strawberries, thawed
1 package white cake mix
3 oz package strawberry jello
4 eggs
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup milk

Preheat oven to 350. Grease cake pans with non-stick spray (or line cupcake pan with liners).

In a mixing bowl beat together all ingredients. Beat for 3 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Fill prepared pans.

Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

That's it! How easy is that? They taste pretty good too.

Here is frosting I made. It is a lightened up version of cream cheese frosting.

Light Cream Cheese Frosting
8 oz brick of low-fat (Neufchatel) cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
8 oz tub of light cool whip, thawed

Mix all together until light and fluffy. Store in fridge.

The frosting is very good on chocolate teddy grahams also (not that I would know...).

Unfortunately I didn't have any food coloring to tint the frosting pink, but she was happy with just the sprinkles. It is a good thing these are just for preschoolers. My decorating\frosting skills need some work.

No comments: