Thursday, May 1, 2008

We don't need fancy things

"Wow!" the princess exclaimed as she saw one of her friend's van magically open the door by itself. "Did you see that?"
I kind of giggled to myself and said "Yes, we don't have a fancy van like that, do we?"
"We don't need a fancy van mommy, we can open the door ourselves, can't we?"
"Yes that is true, we don't need a fancy van"
"Besides, our van is White Lightning"

I admit, I was totally shocked when she said that we don't need a fancy van. We live in a world full of consumerism and trying to beat the Jones'. Even though the princess loves her fancy dress up clothes and everything in her world is pink and sparkly, she still has her head on straight. I must be doing something right.

Hopefully in 5-10 years I can still write this same post.

No comments: