Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I'm a fishy!

I took the girls to swimming lessons last night. Princess is in a preschool-aged class and DQ is in a "parent-child" class. Yes I have to get my butt in a swimsuit twice a week for the next 5 weeks. Yea! And the best part? My ex has a son enrolled in the same class as Princess. Twice a week for the next 5 week I get to put on a swimsuit and face my ex. It doesn't get much better than this... And where the hell is the King when all of this is happening? Good question...

Anyway, back to my blog post. DQ was a swimming animal. I have no idea where this came from. She hated the water when we went to the Dells this spring and she hasn't been in a real pool since. We had a wading pool this summer, but all she did was stand outside of it and water the plants with her buckets. At swimming lessons she was kicking and doing the stroke with her arms while yelling out 'I'm a fishy'. She would stand at the side of the pool and jump into the pool (in my arms of course). The kid had no fear whatsoever. She even tried putting her head under water (there was choking involved with this, but she did try). Her teacher thought she had spent the entire summer at the pool. It was a lot of fun for the both of us.

No comments: