My friend over at the green3 hosted a carnival at her blog last week - she asked us to list the 40 things we want to accomplish before we turn 40.
I am a little late, but the list is finally finished.
40 before 40
1. Pay off the car (should be completed next month).
2. Continue to make car payments to myself so we can use cash for our next purchase.
3. Pay off HELOC.
4. Pay off the King's school loan.
5. Open a ROTH 401K.
6. Build emergency fund.
7. Remodel the kitchen - I HATE our kitchen. Do this with cash - not home equity.
8. Get Lasik eye surgery.
9. Continue to follow a budget so all the above can become a reality.
10. Lose 40 lbs.
11. Learn to cook healthier.
12. Become more active.
13. Start wearing makeup again (a.k.a. quit being lazy in the morning).
14. Take a family vacation to Disney while the girls are still into princesses.
15. Get a family picture taken.
16. Go to Pennsylvania to visit my brother and his family.
17. Play with my kids more.
18. Start a food blog. (I know, I can barely keep this blog up)
19. Update the header of this blog.
20. Replace my lost wedding ring.
21. Start dating the king again.
22. Simplify my life - get rid of extra stuff around the house.
23. Learn how to sell the extra stuff on ebay.
24. Figure out how to keep my house picked up.
25. Figure out a system that works for us for all the paper that comes in our house.
26. Quit buying stuff I don't really need.
27. Become more organized.
28. Ditch the land line and get a cell phone.
29. Write a will.
30. Read at least 1 personal fiance book a year.
31. Read at least one health or diet book a year.
32. Read at least one fun book a year.
33. Plan meals ahead - do just a few grocery trips a month.
34. Learn to bake bread from scratch (and I am not talking about banana bread).
35. Potty train DQ. If I don't get this done in the next 7 years we will be in trouble.
36. Get involved with something outside my family\work. I need to break out of my comfort zone.
37. Create family memories and traditions.
38. Spend Christmas morning at our own home while the girls still believe in Santa.
39. Be the best parent I can be.
40. Make goals to hit before I am 50.