Saturday, April 14, 2007

My morning to sleep in

Saturday is my morning to sleep in. I look forward to it all week. I love the feeling of sleeping until I want to wake up, no alarm clocks.

Wait... that was before we had kids.

Here is the reality of my "sleeping in"

6:45 - DQ wakes up. She has some sort of internal alarm clock that wakes up every day at exactly this time. The King takes 10 minutes to get out of bed to get her. During that 10 minutes everyone in the house can hear her taking to herself and calling out Mama!

6:55 - DQ is let out of her crib. She goes directly into my bedroom. She acts like she wants to lay in bed with us so the King lets her in and we all lay down together. It sounds great, doesn't it? However, anyone who knows DQ realizes she cannot sit or lay still for any amount of time.

7:00 - The Princess awakes. Most likely from all the commotion going on in our room.

7:05 - Somehow DQ locks herself and the princess in the bathroom. I can hear the princess calling out Daddy... Daddy. The King finally lets them out and I shut my bedroom door. DQ sees me doing this and immediately goes to my door and starts banging on it. The princess lets her in - isn't she a good helper? DQ comes in the room and pushes the radio button. The radio station is not tuned in so I just hear loud static with a beat.

7:15 - The king finally gets them for breakfast. Finally, peace and quiet. I start dozing off again.

7:25 - DQ comes back to the room. Turns on the radio again.

7:30 - King tells DQ that Dora is on. She goes to watch TV

7:35 - Just when I start getting comfy - DQ comes back into my room and is screaming QUACK, QUACK, QUACK... I open my eyes and she is standing there with a duck.

I give up at this point and get up. Maybe next weekend I will get to sleep in.

No comments: